How To Connect My Computer With Epson Workforce Pro WF3640?
The Epson Workforce Pro WF 3640 is a multifunctional printer that provides a single stop solution for all the printing needs of home users and small business. While it is a robust device, there are occasions when your computer cannot recognize the Epson Workforce Pro 3640. There can be many reasons for such an issue. One of the most common issues is that windows updates and the driver updates by Epson causing communication issues between the printer and your PC. This blog enumerates step-by-step information to troubleshoot Epson Workforce Pro WF 3640.
Confirm the Network Connection
Windows has an in-built troubleshooting feature to determine issues in your printers. Windows will attempt to establish a connection with your Epson printer and check whether it is receiving the printing instructions. If your printer is on wireless connectivity, then try a USB connection to ensure whether you are facing a network issue or printer hardware issue.
To initiate troubleshooting on your Windows PC, you will have to locate your printer in the system.
- On the Start menu look for Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel menu, click on the Devices and Printers tab.
- Look for your Epson Workforce Pro WF 3640 and right-click on it and then hit the Troubleshoot option.
- Wait for the troubleshooting to finish and if a fix is recommended, then attempt that and try printing again.
Update Epson Printer Drivers and Firmware
If troubleshooting doesn’t help, then you will have to update the driver and utility software of your Epson printer. To manually update the Epson Workforce Pro 3640 Printer driver, you need to:
- Go to the Device Manager in the Start menu.
- Inside the Device Manager, click on the Print Queues tab and locate your printer.
- Right-click on your printer and then select the Update driver option.
- Your Update Driver Wizard will be initiated, and you will receive a prompt to allow the windows to automatically update the driver or manually select a driver from your PC to update. Click on the “Search automatically” option.
- Windows will itself connect to the Internet and look for the latest driver. Upon finding a new driver, it will automatically be installed on your computer.
- After the installation is complete, try to print again. If you still face the issues, then uninstall and reinstall the Epson Workforce Pro WF 3640 drivers and utility software.
Driver support . 2020. Computer Can’t Recognize Epson Workforce Pro WF 3640. 12th May . Computer Can’t Recognize Epson Workforce Pro WF 3640. [Online]. [14 January 2021]. Available from: https://www.driversupport.com/knowledge-article/computer-cant-recognize-epson-workforce-pro-wf-3640/
- How To Factory Reset Your HP Printer? Jan 24, 2021
- How To Connect My Computer With Epson Workforce Pro WF3640? Jan 24, 2021
- How Can I Install Drivers When No Intel (R) Adapters Are Present? Jan 24, 2021